THE MUSEUM—The curator of the Museum (Mr. Bernard Woodward) desires us to acknowledge the following donations to the Museum received during March :—
- Mr. E. A. Le Souef, mandarin duck (aex galerita), a dove (?) ;
- Mr. R. H. Brugh, beetle (helaeus perforatus) ;
- Mr. G. Hoffstatter, a collection of recent shells from Fiji, Fijian bracelet and carving stone ; yellow-collared parrakeet (platycercus semi-torquatus) ;
- Miss Hilda Roe, sea-eel (ophichthys?) ;
- Mr. W. K. Adam, Mitchell’s hapalotis (hapalotis Mitchellii), hoary-headed grebe (podiceps nestor), two black-throated grebes (podiceps guleris) ;
- Mr. H. T. Grant, Indian manuscripts from Colombo ;
- Mr. Alex. Milligan, a collection of birds (10) ; trustees Australian Museum, “Memoirs of the Australian Museum,” vol. 3, on Funafuti Atoll, part VI. ;
- Mr. W. K. Adam, dingo (canis dingo) ;
- Mr. R. F. Thornton, weathered formation from Mistake Creek, 70 miles north of Mt. Margaret ;
- Mr. W. D. Campbell, common scale-footed lizard (pygopus lepidopus) ;
- Mr. Alex. Paull, a collection of recent shells and fossils from Pt. Cloates and Gascoyne district ;
- Mrs. R. Gale, recent shells from Margaret River ;
- Mr. Henry Leishman, four sooty antechinus (antechinus fuliginous). The purchases include the following : A cast of the Moabite stone busts of Homer and Athene, and a statue of Amenophis III., from Brucciani and Co.;
- A collection of mounted animals and busts of Darwin and Buffon, from Ward’s Natural History Establishment, a list of which has already been published.
The attendance at the Museum during March was 3,374, persons, of whom 1,265 went on Sunday afternoons.